Thursday, August 28, 2008

Before the VMAs

Who uses their exhusband's producer? stupid! I see that Britney is using one of the same ones on her new album as Kfed did.

Yeah man, baaaaaaaaad idea. So, looking at the Wikipedia entry for this, it looks like it’ll sound like………a Britney Spears album. That’s too bad, I was rooting for her (you convinced me.) And also: she’s calling the album “Fears Within”???? I REALLY hope that it’ll have some sort of classic Iron Maiden-grim reaper thing on the cover, it’s the only thing that could possibly work with that title. Haha.

It is a terrible name. I didn't realize that was the title of her NEW album, god Wikipedia is up to speed aren't they?

I have a feeling that title will change. Definitely not a pop album title. Someone’s gonna talk her out of it, I’m sure. What would YOU call her album?


Hmm, good question, doll.

Britney Spears: The Pink Album

Thats the best i got right now.


The Pink Album, hmmm…..I think it could work. What about “Don’t Call It A Comeback.”? Maybe that could just be used as the tagline for the promo materials. Whaddya think?


Hmm. I like your Don't Call it a Comeback...but LL Cool J might get upset. What is the opposite of a comeback? A followup? Hmm. Follow has negative implications...hmm.

How about :

Britney Spears " Sabbatical " (too highbrow I guess)
Britney Spears " Ignite "
Britney Spears " Make It " or "Make Up"


Well, according to thesaurus.com, the opposite of a comeback is “decline, degeneration, failure, regression.” Somehow, I don’t think that would get past marketing. I think a minor feud with LL would only help her cause, one more headline. Ya know?
I like “Ignite,” though. Or maybe “Ignition”? What about “Playing With Fire”? HAHAHAHA.

It’s funny, thinking about it now, it seems like all of those chicks that sing all have similar album titles. And every album is either marketed as a radical reinvention, or a return to their roots. I’d love to see one of them come out with an album and be like “Yeah, well, it kinda sounds like my last album. I mean, it’s better, but if you liked that one, you’ll like this one.” Ya know?

How about Britney Spears "The Chandelier Album" and then have a pic of her panties hanging from a chandelier. Then she can pretend all of the recent bru-ha-ha is meerly promo for her album.

The Chandelier Album, hey? Only if the pic is taken from above the chandelier looking down on Brit, who’s looking up at the chandelier with an expression that says both “Those are my panties, isn’t that hot?” and “How the hell am I gonna get my panties off that fucking chandelier???” Haha. Or how about this title: “New Drapes/No Carpet.” Heh

No drapes no carpet. You are soooooooo funnnnyyyy. But I'm serious, I think the chandelier idea isn't bad. Chandeliers are totally hot in decor at the moment, all the super swanky clubs have them. I should know, I was in two on the weekend, RockWood and Light. UGH. I danced to Brooke Hogan, and I feel dirty. Fortunately I did not pay the (TWENTY DOLLAR!) cover at either spot nor did I buy my drinks. Good times, too bad they were such terrible terrible clubs. Nicely decorated tho.

You were in super swank clubs this weekend? What was the occasion? Or was there an occasion? And who’s Brooke Hogan?? Man, I feel so out of the loop sometimes when I talk to you. Haha. And $20 cover is risiculous, as Fergie would say.

Brooke Hogan is Hulk Hogans daughter. She has a song. Called "about us" with Paul Wall. It's terrible. She's like, 14 or some crap.

We were Rena's date, she had VIP passes for both, and took us out with her super upscale work friends. She works at a swanky hair salon in the West village. it was quite the experience. they had Appetizers! Weird. I felt very out of place. All the italian men looked terrified of the women, who were dressed like complete skanks. At Light Rena and I befriended the very gay very cute bartender, who clearly liked us cause we were the least skanky and most polite girls there, he gave us free shooters all night. Which did numb the pain of the music a bit.


Hey, isn’t there some new Osbournes-style show about the Hogans on TV now? Gawd, I can’t believe TV these days, it simultaneously gets a lot better and a lot worse. Unbelievable.
Wow, you hung out with upscale hairdressers? Haha. That’s hilarious. But hey, can’t beat free shots! I had the most boring weekend of my life. Got slutty, though, which is always fun. Wait, I just noticed something: you find appetizers swank? Man, next time we go out, we’ll get an appetizer. It’ll be fun. :P







No comments: